Saturday, February 16, 2013

Frugal Ritz Cracker Recipe

Hi Guys! I decided to move my blog back to here and skip Wordpress. I really missed being on Blogspot. I hope to post on a regular basis. As you can see I have posted several of the posts from my Wordpress blog over to here and will continue each week until I can get all posts over here.

I look forward to being back on Blogspot and getting to read everyone's blogs again! Until then here is a frugal recipe and picture of  my girls. In Him, Crystal



3 Table spoons of your favorite mayo.


1 Sleeve of Ritz crackers.

1/4 to 1/2 cup of extra Sharp cheddar cheese. I think you could use any kind you love, but the sharp really worked well here.

**If desired a few sprinklings of your favorite herbs or powdered flavors.**



Simply spread a thin layer of mayo across your Ritz cracker and lay on an ungreased baking sheet. At this point you can add onion salt, paprika, garlic powder, etc. I would use light sprinklings if you decide to do this and the combination of onion salt with red pepper..tastes just like Chicken biscuits You may also skip this step and the crackers are still just as delicious!



Sprinkle with cheese and then set under the broiler for 2 minutes or so. I would keep the door open and keep an eye on them. The mayo will soak into the crackers, the cheese will melt and become bubbly, and the crackers will become a bit more crisp due to being under the broiler.



Afterwards, just serve up on a dish. You can also put these in a ziploc freezer bag, store in the fridge, and pop into a microwave when needed. I would set them on 5 seconds top because they will heat very fast in a microwave and you don’t want them to become gummy.



They are creamy, sweet (when used with a Ritz), cheesey, and a ritzy frugal snack.



Now for my Girls! I took this photo last weekend at a local park.

No comments: