Saturday, February 16, 2013

Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Bouquet Recipe





What you will need:


2 baskets of fresh strawberries

1Microwavable bowl of milk chocolate (can be found in baking section.)

Toppings (Your choice! For mine I used sprinkles, shaved white chocolate, and macadamia.)

Florist foam

Container for your bouquet

Wilton candy sticks

Wilton candy treat bags

Some type of material for decoration and to tie the treat bags closed.

Wax paper



First, wash and dry your strawberries really well. Next place your microwavable bowl of chocolate in microwave and follow directions. Once you have your chocolate ready..you are ready and from here it is easy peasy



I spread wax paper across a baking sheet and spray a dab of cooking spray. I then start to dip the strawberries into the chocolate and I hold them by the leaves..which I leave on for decoration. I dip and then sprinkle on my topping.

Once e done with your topping….just set on wax paper, finish filling your sheet, and set in freezers to harden.



After they have hardened, I say roughly 3o minutes, I began to insert the stick in the top of the strawberry. The perfect spot is right in the middle of the leaves and then wrap in the Wilton candy treat bags. These bags do not come with ties and I had some left over tulle used for the girls’ tutus…so this was perfect to cut in strips and tie at the bottom. I then placed two disposable bowls upside down and stacked on each other..inside the tea pot. I then placed a small circular piece of florist foam on top and inserted the strawberries on sticks. Just start arranging from the outside in.



This one I made for the ladies at church, but I also made some cute little mason jar bouquets for my Mom, Barry’s Mom, and Barry’s Grandmother. These were just adorable and so much cheaper than the fruit bouquets you see on TV. I got a lot of compliments from each of them and his Grandmother was the first to taste them…she gave them two thumbs up



No comments: