Are you looking for a wonderful Father's day gift? I would have to recommend the Kindle by Amazon. For all you Frugal Mama's out there...this would be a great way to use those Swagbucks!
This is the screen when not in use. For the Kindle 3G with special offers cost is 164.00 without special offers the price is 189.00. We went for the one with special offers and you don't even recognize they are on the screen. The special offers are on the screen when not in use and a small box at the bottom when in use....except when you are logged into your book. Also, the special offers are from Amazon and can help you score more great deals!
Your main home page. It displays the listing of books you have saved on your Kindle.
Screen viewing a book. This is actually a children's book you can download and read with your children. The kindle is a black and white device.
Keyboard is spaced just right and has a qwerty keypad.
To show you how slim the Kindle is compared to a DVD case. I apparently need to dust my shelf as well..lol.
- It's very lightweight and thin. It's the same size as a regular paper back book, but with less weight.
- E ink has more contrast than regular paper back book.
- Has Internet capability with Free 3G network. The cost of 3G is already included with your purchase of Kindle.
- Downloads books in 60 seconds and can hold up to 3,500 books.
- Cost of books are as much or less than regular books.
- Pages turn very fast.
- Love the locations of most buttons.
- You can download MP3's and listen to music as you read.
- Great battery life, especially when wireless capability is turned off.
- The headphone jack is in a awkward position at the bottom of the Kindle. So it makes it a little uncomfortable to read and have the headphones plugged in.
- The volume button is also in a awkward spot. One wrong move as you read and you can disturb it.
The initial investment of the Kindle is expensive, however the convenience of not having to spend 3.50 a gallon for gas to head to your local book store, especially if you live out of town, really balances out the cost.
Also, there is the convenience part of being able to download a book, magazine, or blog....at anytime or anyplace.
This is a great gift for Mom or Dad. It not only appeals to us to get our bookworm on, but it's a great entertainment tool for children. Think of those long waits at the pediatrician's office or shopping. Instead putting a gaming device in their hands we can now put a great book on in their hand...secretly disguised as a video game. So it's educational and fun!
Bottom line: If you are looking for a great Father's day gift....look no further than the new Kindle.