Today was Lilly's Jump rope for heart at school and I volunteered. She has been practicing for weeks for this day. She made me so proud seeing her jump out there for such a wonderful cause. Emmie, bless her heart, wanting to jump with them. It broke her heart when she couldn't join in on the phone. She was accidentally hit in the face with a jump rope and we ended up having to leave early. I felt so sorry for her. I was holding her when it happened and the little girl that did..it was a accident....she just wasn't paying attention behind her. The look on Em's face was one of she just didn't understand why someone would hit her and I think her little heart was hurt....she stopped crying as soon as I walked out of the gym and got her something to drink to cool her off. We came home and had a special afternoon snack to make her feel better. Ugh...that little face of hers can melt your heart in a second.
Things I found out today:
- I give out so easy. I was out of breathe from handing out jump ropes, moving to different stations, and keeping up with Doots..lol.
- A hug and kiss will make even the gloomiest days brighter.
- I am thankful this morning when I woke up with central heat and running hot water. When I was growing up we had one gas heater in the living room and we usually had to boil our water on the stove for hot baths.
- That alarms go off for low batteries and will not shut up. I had the alarm go off for nearly 45 minutes today non stop. UGH it made my head hurt. The key pad would not work and so no code could be punched in. I ended up having to disconnect the power supply.
- Emmie will sleep through the above and yet...will wake up when her binky falls out of her mouth at 3 AM...lol.
- That I need glasses. One person I knew at school had to come up to me to say hello and I thought it might be him, but I couldn't tell that far off and dismissed it as not him..lol...well it was. Lucky for me he's family and understood.
- I was at a red light and just a waving thinking it was my neighbor turning....again...I need glassed. That was a total stranger and thank goodness for growing up in the south...we will wave at anybody here..that's just how we are. And if you do something crazy we will just wave, smile politely, and say "Bless their heart...they don't know any better."
Also, I want to make another challenge. Let's do a homemade Christmas. I will be making every single ornament and decoration that goes on our tree this year. I plan to make all of them with the girls. We do have a fake prelit tree...all the rest will be homemade. Who wants in? Let's do a contest. We can post pictures of our trees and hold a voting...let's see who can come up with the best decked out tree...at the most frugal price. I will come up with contest rules soon, prize, and we will try to get this done before the first week of December...so we can see each others ideas and maybe use them on our trees.
Mama hurting because she popped her hip out of joint by carrying Miss Em..lol.