Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's day for all....


Mothers's day. It's a special day and as this time of year rolls around...I feel truly blessed. I have been reminded for a couple of weeks now that this day was approaching. I have been receiving some wonderful gifts on my Facebook account. Friends and family that have taken a couple of seconds out of their day to send me a special virtual gift of kindness.


I am reminded of being a Mother when I pick tiny clothes up off the floor to be washed, binkies hidden under the play pen, sippy cups thrown in random places, or toys that have been shoved in the freezer in some sort of weird experiment. Then I smile as my husband gives me a long chain to put a pendant on he got me last year or a box of chocolate fudge poptarts from my girls..with cute black plastic Twilight bracelets...to which are my new accessory daily.


When this day comes around it also reminds me of a time I dreaded this day. A time when I wanted to be a Mother so badly and was told that dream would never come true. I remember the days I spent in bed, the days Barry begged me to come down stairs, days spent crying, the days I couldn't walk past the baby department in Walmart, the days I couldn't find joy in someone Else's happiness, the days I would feel anger when told "You're trying too hard", or closing a door to a nursery that lay empty.


My girls are a miracle in my eyes. Not just because I was told I could not have children...but, just the pure process it takes for a child to be conceived. The months that it takes for a child to be nurtured in our womb. It's absolutely, breathtakingly, amazing! Then to take in the odds we had..it's overwhelming. I still think about everything today and how blessed I am to have my girls. Out of all the deserving women in this world that battle with infertility..the Lord picked me for my girls. ME! On the days I feel insignificant in this big ole world...I think of this and what an encouragement. We have all been chosen, in one way or another, by God and we are all special in his eyes. Let's not forget that any day of the year.


So I wish all of you a Happy Mother's day!!!! Each and everyone out there. You may not know it..but, you may be a Mothering influence in someone Else's life. Whether you have Children, furbabies, Nieces/Nephews, big Sister, a teacher, Godmother, and so much more! So tomorrow give a Mom a hug for all her hard work and if you know someone that is battling infertility..do something special for her tomorrow. Whether it be taking her some flowers or just giving her a call to chat. Let her know that you are thinking of her and brighten up her day. Sometimes it's the small things that impact someone in the biggest way.

Mother's Dictionary of Meanings
Dumbwaiter: One who asks if the kids would care to order dessert.
Feedback: The inevitable result when the baby doesn't appreciate the strained carrots.
Full Name: What you call your child when you're mad at him.
Grandparents: The people who think your children are wonderful even though they're sure you're not raising them right.
Hearsay: What toddlers do when anyone mutters a dirty word.
Independent: How we want our children to be for as long as they do everything we say.
Puddle: A small body of water that draws other small bodies wearing dry shoes into it.
Show Off: A child who is more talented than yours.
Sterilize: What you do to your first baby's pacifier by boiling it, and to your last baby's pacifier by blowing on it and wiping it with saliva.
Top Bunk: Where you should never put a child wearing Superman jammies.
Two-Minute Warning: When the baby's face turns red and she begins to make those familiar-grunting noises.
Whodunit: None of the kids that live in your house.

1 comment:

singedwingangel said...

Happy MOther's day toyou sweetie give those babies lovin's from me...