Thursday, November 26, 2009

Update for Thanksgiving....

Here are some updates.....

We have been having some gastric issues with Emma-Kay. At one point she was throwing up so much she was losing weight instead of gaining. She was also having these horrible crying fits for hours at a time. They have changed her formula, she has had three different medications(which the nexium seems to be doing awesome and these new drops for her fits that reduces stomach spasms, and so they thought it best she sees a gastro doc So Monday we are traveling a little over two hours to see a doctor. But, praise the Lord that things seem to be getting better. I really think the crying fits are getting less and she is gaining weight since being on the nexium!! So that's the update on the gastric issues.

Well, we took her in the other week when she wasn't feeling well. The doctor thought for some reason she had a UTI. So they did a cath on her in the office. We have not noticed any of the normal symptoms that Lilly has..so we were not too concerned. Lab results came back while we were there that she did not have one. Great I thought....next thing I know the culture they sent off grew. So now she has a UTI and they prescribe her antibiotics. I call to speak with the nurse about what is next...we have been down this road before and being that we do have genetic issues we are aware that it can be more. They suggest a VCUG and renal ultrasound. At first we thought it was too aggressive for just a UTI with no other symptoms..but, the doctor is insisting...so we cave. She goes in and the ultrasound looks great...she did have a ovarian cyst. We get to the VCUG...well, there it was...Dr. comes in and works with Barry..he just looks at us and says "Get your antibiotics guys!" I could have cried right there in the room. So Emma has what Lilly has and believe when I say we were blindsided by this. We did ultrasounds in the womb, she has never had fevers, and etc. So both girls have vesicoureteral reflux. I get to the pediatric follow up a couple of hours later and he informs me it is a grade 3...which there is only 5 grades. He tells me that she needs to see the pediatric urologist and I ask for Lilly's right off the bat. She has to go to Children's hospital in January. That is over a three hour drive from us. Lilly also has her VCUG/renal ultrasound next month (Lilly has the reflux..but, she was also born with deformities...a uterocele, two ureters on one kidney, extra tissue that also produces urine on the same kidney)...well, now they are going together this year on the same day and same doctor. We may face having both girls in the same hospital having similar surgeries now! We are praying that Lilly comes off her medication this year and the doctor will tell us if he recommends surgery or not. Now Emma is on daily antibiotics too and the doctor does not know if she will have to have surgery. Please, pray for both our girls. I have read that sometimes these issues can spontaneously heal...I have been praying...I know if anyone can spontaneously heal it is the Lord.

Um...I tried to come off my medication. The day I started 1 1/2 (600 Mgs a day) my BP shot up to 160/100 by my afternoon medication. I ended up having to take it over an hour early to get it down. My head just felt like it was going to fall completely off. My internist told me that I am going through a lot of stress and he doesn't feel it's in my best interest to continue the weaning. So I am still on 800 mgs. They will also recheck my thyroid and see where I stand on it. I should know something by the end of this month. But, the good news is...here lately it's running 110/65!!! That's about 30 minutes before my medication. So maybe it's evening out? Anyone been through this please tell me what happened if your pressure leveled out. My memory? Still frustrating..lol. I refuse to believe it will be permanent. It's embarrassing really for me....I can't remember things, right words, I go to do something...get sidetracked...then totally forget about it, I can't remember when I last fed Emma..just little things I SHOULD know. I don't want to write things down or have to explain myself to those that aren't aware. I guess it's more of dealing with the issue....having it didn't hurt...I didn't even know I had it at the time. Dealing with the aftermath is the worst. On the light side I can poke fun of myself and try to find humor. I told Barry we will never grow tired of each other...both of us are forgetful..we'll just keep telling the same stories over and over..lol. I will be honest with you...I would LOVE to have my old body back. But, you know I didn't take care of it, took it for granted, complained about it, and even took it for granted at times. There is a lesson in this from the Lord...I think he wants to appreciate what we do have..not what we want or what we don't have.

Other than that we are doing wonderful! I have tons and tons of things to be thankful for today. Just remember that our God is a AWESOME God indeed. He is not in the business of giving us what we want...but, what we need:) I truly have everything I need in this life.

1 comment:

singedwingangel said...

And you above know that if God can take you to it he wil always lead you through it.. I stand for a complete helaing on both of my girls.. devil enough is enough get you hands off our stuff they are already anointed for the Lord and MOmma ain't playing.. she has waaay too mnay devil stompin stilettoe wearing while they do it friends for you to be playing in her area ...
Love you hun