Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our trip to the local pumpkin patch....

This is Emma-Kay and I after we got home.
Emma-Kay on the ride home. It was time to feed her and as I was fixing to fix her bottle...guess what was missing? Her nipple!!! I had placed it on the counter before we left. So we had to leave early:)

Taylor, Lilly-Rose, and Bailey.

The girls in the corn pit. This pit was full of kernels of corn. It was so much fun to play in for them. Leisa and I got in to bury the girls...then we could hardly get back out..lol...we kept falling everywhere trying to help each other.

Lilly-Rose...she has so much fun in the corn pit. When we got home she said it was her favorite part of the whole day.

Bailey

Taylor and Lilly-Rose.
Leisa and our girls on the hayride.

Lilly-Rose
Lilly-Rose
Taylor and Bailey

Lilly-Rose and Bailey

Lilly-Rose and Bailey

Lilly-Rose and Bailey

Lilly-Rose and Bailey

Me and our girls on the hayride.

The girls:)

Taylor, Bailey, and Lilly-Rose

Lilly-Rose and Bailey

Taylor
Our girls in the corn maze.

Corn maze.
Corn maze.

Corn maze.
Me, Leisa, Taylor, Bailey, and Lilly-Rose.
Our wonderful tour guides:)

It was unanimous with everyone..this was the cutest ear of corn we seen all day:)
Lilly-Rose
Bailey
Taylor
Our girls.

Barry decided that he would baby wear Emma-Kay:) So we hooked the carrier up to his chest and then he was able to wrap his jacket around her to keep her nice and toasty. So she hitched a ride with Daddy.
Sorry I have not did a freebie post yet. I have been sick with a cold. We went to the pumpkin patch yesterday afternoon and last night. I think I was the only one that got sick..lol. So today I have not felt good at all.
My friend Leisa and I made plans to get our families together for a trip to the pumpkin patch and to spend some time together - We live about an hour away from each other. Some background info: Leisa and I have been best friends since we were about 14 years old. I am now 30:) We consider each other Sisters instead of just best friends. Her and her husband Jason are also Godparents to both of our girls and her little ones are my nieces and I love them tons!!! So we set out to a local pumpkin patch yesterday afternoon. They have two corn mazes, a pumpkin barn, lots of hay bales, a corn pit, hay ride, boiled peanuts/hot chocolate, and even a corn cannon. The key to the maze was to answer questions about corn on a sheet of paper they give you before you start the maze.
We had so much fun and the girls had so much fun together too. Lilly-Rose said the corn pit was her favorite part of the whole day. We had to cut the day/night short when I forgot to pack little Emma's nipple. Fortunately, we did not live too far from the patch and was able to make it home before she got hungry or really fussy. She mostly slept the whole time we were at the patch and stayed nice and warm next to Daddy's chest. I really wanted more pictures of her there..but, I was really afraid to get her out in the cold when she was so nice/warm and sleeping so soundly. I wouldn't want someone waking me up to see corn either..lol. I did get a pumpkin and a hay bale before we left. I plan to make some decorations with it in the front yard tomorrow. Granted I am feeling better..I also brought a cold home with me as well. I figured it would be something can last through November as well. So I am going to pick up a scarecrow and some fake sunflowers tomorrow. I will post pictures when I am done.

2 comments:

singedwingangel said...

I agree that was one adorable ear of corn lol. Love the corn pit idea, Devin would have a field day in something like that without a doubt..

singedwingangel said...

Now wait I thought Ihad left a comment here.. hmmmm ok you haven't moderated ityet lol.. btw you have another award on my page momma..