Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Above Rubies...

Who reads Above Rubies? I LOVE this magazine!! I was so thrilled when I ran across it a couple of years ago and found that it was free. I have enjoyed every issue since then. This edition there was a article in there called "Why me?" I read this article as I sat waiting for Lilly to get out of Preschool around noon yesterday. I felt I could really relate to the Author of that article. Her oldest had some similar issues as Lilly is diagnosed with...the Anxiety disorder(which Lilly's is diagnosed as NOS...not sure if that makes a difference) and OCD. She also has other children that have other things that they are dealing with from Autism to SI. I found myself relating to her on so many different levels. It is something you deal with on a daily basis. I know with Lilly's situation a lot of people assume we can place her on medication and all will be fine. She is not on medication and does not need to be(not that I am against medication. In our case she does not need it.) Her psychologist gave us tools to use to help with situations on a daily basis. I just found the article very encouraging for me and her as a mother very encouraging. Her situation is much different than mine..but, I did take a lot away from reading it. That's why I really enjoy the magazine....I just find it very encouraging. So I thought I would pass along the link where you can sign up to receive your free issues:

http://www.aboverubies.org/ ...once you click skip passed introduction it will take you to the form.



I was also thrilled to find out last night they have a youtube channel now!! I had a chance to check out a couple of videos last night and look forward to finishing the last video of Serene's sour dough bread recipe. The link for this channel is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AboveRubiesTennessee

I also found this video very interesting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FEsvf8AiSk

Alright, I am off to put supper on and finish up some last minute chores. I will definately post another freebies post tonight or tomorrow:)

No comments: