Sunday, April 26, 2009

Freebies...

I would like to ask for prayer. I am having some issues with my thyroid. I was diagnosed with this pregnancy with hypothyroidism(have had problems through out the years..never put on medication.) I was then put on Levothyroxine the generic form of Synthroid. The past couple of weeks I had some heart palpitations. Well, the past week it has progressed to heart palpitations, having really bad dizzy spells, getting short of breath, and some other symptoms. These are the ones that have really scared me the most. After some research I found that they all lined up with being overly medicated. So I prayed last night about it and this morning felt the Lord was telling me not to take my dose for the day. I haven't had any heart palpitations since not taking the dose and was still having dizzy spells. So I called the on call OBGYN. When he found out that my thyroid levels have not be re-checked and it's going on month three of taking the medication..he agreed that I should not take any more doses and that it seemed like to him I was being over medicated. So he wants me to come in for blood work tomorrow and skip tomorrow's dose as well. I read it's common not to get the correct dosage on thyroid medication right off the bat and that it is preferred to have a blood test every six weeks to check levels. I haven't had one and now I think maybe I am receiving too much thyroid hormone and this OBGYN tended to agree with me. So please pray all works out. I have never felt like this and it really is an awful feeling. Having too much can really throw your body out of loop physically and mentally. I've been trying to push through it and not let it get to me. But, after the garden trip yesterday in the hot sun...it's been a downward spiral.



That's pretty much it for this post. I have a couple of posts coming up on two new websites I have had the chance to look at and will give you a review. I also want to do a review of my old-fashioned popcorn popper I got at a yard sale...it has made the yummiest popcorn around!!!

No comments: