Sunday, November 23, 2008

WAR EAGLE.




While at church today one of our brothers was using football as an example in his Bible study. Which reminded me the that the Ironbowl is this coming Saturday...I believe. So with that being said. This blog will be cheering on......




I have been cheering for these guys, since I was about eight or nine years old, I turned on my family and became an Auburn fan..lol...Oh, the shame. For many years Alabama always beat Auburn. The one year that they actually won..my cousin and I had a bet going. He promised that if they won he would wear one of my Auburn shirts. It came to his chest:) They won and he has always been true to his word..so he wore it for a day and we have pictures:)


Now time to let the jokes start rolling.....


Quarters


An Alabama fan and an Auburn fan both go over to Tunica to do a little gambling. After a couple of hours the Auburn fan was broke. He looks over and sees the Alabama fan with a wheel barrel full of quarters. The Auburn fan walks over to him and says, "Wow, where did you win all that?" To which the Alabama fan replies, "You see that machine on the wall over there? If you put a dollar in you get four quarters back every time!"


Student wishes


Three students, a student from Tennessee, a student from Alabama, and a student from Auburn are out walking together one day. They come across a lantern and a Genie pops out of it. "I will give you each one wish, that's three wishes total," says the Genie. The Tennessee student says, "I am a farmer, my dad was a farmer, and my son will also farm. I want the land to be forever fertile in Tennessee." With a blink of the Genie's eye, "FOOM," the land in Tennessee was forever made fertile for farming. The Alabama student was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall around the University of Alabama, so that nobody from out of state can come into our precious school." Again, with the blink of the Genie's eye,"POOF," there was a huge wall around University of Alabama. The Auburn student says, "I'm very curious. Please tell me more about this wall." The Genie explains, "Well, it is about 150 feet high, 50 feet thick and completely surrounds the University of Alabama. Nothing can get in or out." The Auburn student says, "Fill it with water."


And why not turn this game into something great for homeschooling??? Ever wonder how WAR EAGLE came about? This link has all kinds of interesting information about the University of Auburn: http://www.squidoo.com/wardamneagle. Yes, you may have to see my terrible football jokes and annoying bragging for the rest of the week:)


No comments: