Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Freebies.


Today is a busy day. So there will not be another post until tomorrow. I have to take the Doots to speech therapy and gymnastics today. So usually today is super busy. Today I will be making a roast for supper. This is a take from a recipe I seen my Mother make and I think this recipe actually came from my Aunt Betty. If you ever tasted her cooking you would know anything she touches in the kitchen turns out wonderful!!!! So I would not doubt it if the original recipe came from her.

RECIPE

BEEF ROAST

1 or 2 cans of cream of celery(no water added)

1 or 2 cans of cream of mushroom(no water added)

1 bell pepper

1 onion or onion soup mix packet(no water added)

1 small bag of baby carrots

2-3 chopped potatoes

Put roast, carrots, bell pepper, onion (if onion soup mix...mix with cream soups...sometimes I run out of onions), and potatoes. Then dump the cream of soups on top and cook until done(on the soup only add two of one and one of the other...just pick which one you enjoy the most). This makes a great gravy around the veggies and meat. For the next day it makes a great soup. There are little chunks of veggies and meat mixed all around in the mixture. Great right out of mug. This recipe is pretty much a one dish supper for us. I usually will not cook anything extra unless we have company. I also cover this with tinfoil when baking and this is GREAT in a crockpot!!

No comments: