Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Freebies.


Well, that's all the freebies for today. They have been pretty slow here lately. Now I have to start cleaning a bit and put our lasagna on for supper. I also have to get these slip covers back on our love seat and couch. I washed them after Lilly spilled something on them. Well, now I can not figure out how to get them back on..lol. It was pretty easy when we first got them. They actually had creases and little stickers showing you which way to place them. Now all of that is gone and I am so lost.

RECIPE

This is how I prepare our lasagna.

1 lb of hamburger meat

1 jar of spaghetti sauce

1 box of already to bake lasagna noodles(you can just bake them as is)

1 container of ricotta cheese

1 regular bag of mozerilla cheese

I cook hamburger meat. Then spray a square baking dish with olive oil. I would say a small square cake dish for just us. I layer the first layer with noodles. I then mix the hamburger meat, sauce, and ricotta cheese together and pour some of that mixture over it. I sprinkle with mozzarella and repeat until finished. I always like the top to be the mixture instead of the noodles. I sprinkle the top with mozzarella as well. I have used fresh shredded parm in this too. It was really delicious. But, parm can be expensive around here. It's simple and no not totally homemade. This is a great busy day meal.

For the side I will pick a veggie and have garlic bread. Garlic bread can be really easy to make. Just mix together butter, garlic powder, and onion salt. Make sure the butter is softened. Spread over bread and toast in the oven. If you like you can also sprinkle some mozzarella over the bread. I use what bread I have on hand. Whether it be regular whole wheat white or some that I have made. For the veggie we usually have green beans or corn with this meal. We also usually have lite fruit triple cheery fruit cocktail served with this.


No comments: