Sunday, September 21, 2008

Share the harvest.




I love this time of year...fall. I love the weather and color in nature. It is also when most of our fairs come to town. So I usually start decorating in Sept. and take everything down at the end of November. So everything I have up will go til Nov. While we do not celebrate Halloween, due to religious beliefs, we still enjoy decorating for fall in general. So here is our mantel.
Before:




After:






These are pictures of outside. I actually bought these little dog planters five years ago. All the items I used to make the decorations were purchased at the dollar tree and came out to 2.25 for each planter. The little door decoration was a thrift store find for 1.00. It had some pumpkins on it that were pealing and Styrofoam was showing really bad. So I just clipped those off.




I really love fall decorating since yellow and orange is used. You can also find a lot of stuff with sunflowers on it as well. Which is my favorite flower.

No comments: